I hereby understand and undertake to abide by the following terms: -
I. HTW Care ABU DHABI:
1. I understand that HTW Care ABU DHABI (hereinafter referred to as “HTW Care ABU DHABI”, which terms shall include its agents, representatives, employees, and assigns) ONLY facilitates medical treatment in United Arab Emirates (UAE) for individuals from foreign countries, residents of UAE, expatriates of UAE by making available information and services of Hospitals and Doctors (hereinafter referred to as ‘hospital/treating doctor’) offering medical treatment in UAE.
2. I understand that HTW Care ABU DHABI will ONLY facilitate a dialog between me and the hospital/treating doctor for medical consultation and will in no way be liable for any mishap or accident or theft or loss or damage caused to me or for deficiency of medical services and/or other allied services rendered by the hospital/treating doctor.
3. I understand that HTW Care ABU DHABI ONLY facilitates the written transfer of the recommended medical service/procedure presented by the hospital/treating doctor and that no changes shall be made to the recommendation by HTW CARE ABU DHABI during the transfer. I agree that HTW CARE ABU DHABI will not be liable if the recommendation provided is not to my satisfaction.
4. I understand that HTW Care ABU DHABI neither controls nor operate the hospital/treating doctor and neither does it operate or control any facility or service provided by the hospital/treating doctor.
5. I understand that HTW Care ABU DHABI has no special knowledge regarding medical procedures, travel risks on account of my medical condition, weather conditions, political conditions, or climate extremes at the locations to which I need to travel.
6. I accept that the services/treatment provided by the hospital/treating doctor shall be at my considered discretion and in my best interest.
7. I accept that every effort has been made to protect the privacy and confidentiality of my health records, and that no personally identifiable information acquired will be deliberately disclosed to third parties without my permission.
8. I accept and understand that the information and documents shared by me with HTW Care ABU DHABI and the hospital/treating doctor pertaining to my treatment will be disclosed to HTW Care ABU DHABI and the hospital/treating’s representatives, agents, and employees to facilitate my treatment plan.
9. I understand that the HTW Care ABU DHABI may facilitate its services of interpreting the written medical opinion through telephonic/video consultations. I agree and understand that telephonic/video consultation measures have inherent limitations on safety and privacy since they are conducted online and may be susceptible to hacking, cyber-attacks or any of the like.
10. I understand that Teleconsultation is a form of remote consultation using an online software platform that enables interactive audio/video consultations. I am aware that the opinion, advice, and diagnosis provided by the hospital/treating doctor will be delivered through telephone or through the audio/video teleconsultation platform, and there will be no physical examination. I acknowledge that I have been explained, in detail, the medical risks and consequences associated with any teleconsultation/video consultation.
IV. DISCLOSURE OF MEDICAL INFORMATION:
11. I shall accurately and fully disclose information on all details pertaining to my present and past medical status regarding any illnesses/allergies/drug abuse/mental status/treatment or surgeries undergone to the hospital/treating doctor to assist the hospital/treating doctor in determining my proper treatment. I also undertake to carry all medical reports and records in lieu of the above always mentioned.
12. I accept that it shall be my duty to submit the most recent, detailed, and accurate medical records to HTW Care ABU DHABI before travelling to UAE for treatment which I understand would be used for administration of medical services by the hospital/treating doctor.
13. I authorize HTW Care ABU DHABI to disclose to the hospital/treating doctor all information pertaining to my physical condition, that they may require, to undertake the final course of treatment. This information shall include, but not limited to, all records, progress notes, reports of diagnostic tests, X-rays, and medical opinions.
V. TREATMENT PLAN AND COSTS:
14. Based on the information provided by me to HTW Care ABU DHABI, the doctors of the hospital/treating doctor may offer advice in good faith on my undertaking the journey to UAE. I understand that the hospital/treating doctor will not be responsible for my medical condition prior to treatment at the hospital/treating doctor.
15. I understand that after the initial pre-treatment consultations and evaluation of medical records, the recommended medical services/procedure would be presented to me along with a quote of the cost of the procedure.
16. The cost estimates provided are based upon the condition of the ailment as disclosed by me and the reports of my local doctor/primary doctor/hospital by whom I am presently being treated, and do not represent a minimum or maximum potential cost. The costs for medical treatment and my stay during the treatment may vary due to unseen complications and/or medical reasons.
17. I understand that the quotation presented would not include insurance and any additional medical expenses for the medications or procedures in case of unforeseen complications or for other services such as travel, stay, visa expenses, translator charges, etc.
18. I understand that the final course of treatment will be recommended after the outcome of clinical assessment and evaluation conducted after my arrival in UAE.
19. I understand and accept the fact that on thorough evaluation of my medical condition under best care and attention at the hospital/treating doctor, I may be found unfit for carrying out of medical procedure or delay in the procedure, which may entail sending me back to the country where I reside at my cost.
20. I understand and accept that there may be complications that may arise during the course of treatment at the hospital, in spite of due care being provided by the hospital and/or its doctors.
21 .I understand and undertake that if exigencies demand that in my best welfare and for my benefit any additional expenditure is to be incurred on my treatment, I shall bear the same.
22. I state that I shall abide by all the terms and conditions, which govern all patients at the hospital/treating doctor.
VI. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
23. I understand that HTW Care ABU DHABI shall not be liable for any damages arising out of a surgery or diagnosis or treatment at the hospital/treating doctor or any mishap or accident or theft or loss or damage caused to me or for deficiency of medical services and/or other allied services rendered by the hospital/treating doctor.
24. I agree and understand that in case of live organ transplantation, if the donor is rejected by the appropriate medical committee appointed to decide on such organ transplantation, HTW Care ABU DHABI shall not be held liable for the same.
25. I will make payments directly to the hospital/treating doctor for the treatment / services availed and the hospital/treating doctor. I understand that all payments that I shall make to HTW Care ABU DHABI will ONLY be for the facilitation services that HTW Care ABU DHABI provides for connecting me with the hospital/treating doctorand not for the treatment/services provided by the hospital/treating doctor.
26. I undertake that If I do not, or I am unable to pay for my treatment at the hospital/treating doctor, HTW Care ABU DHABI will not be responsible for actions taken against me by the hospital/treating doctor.
27. I agree and understand that HTW Care ABU DHABI will not refund any amount paid to it in relation to the services rendered by it. I also understand that HTW CARE ABU DHABI will not be liable for any issues in relation to refunds or payments by the hospital/treating doctor.
VIII. TRAVEL FOR TREATMENT:
28. I understand that I will be traveling to the hospital/treating doctor at my own risk. I agree that HTW Care ABU DHABI will not be liable for any detention in relation to immigration or emigration process by appropriate authorities, for any reason whatsoever.
29. I agree and undertake to not stay in UAE illegally after expiry of my Visa. I hereby agree and undertake to return to my home country, along with my attendant after completion of treatment facilitated by HTW Care ABU DHABI and before the expiry of my Visa.
30. I hereby agree to not perform any act or omit or conduct or express behavior that is contrary to the morals or laws of UAE.
31. I hereby agree and understand that HTW Care ABU DHABI will not be liable for any proceedings initiated or action against me or my attendants, for unauthorized stay in UAE, after expiry of their VISA validity date.
32. I agree and understand that HTW Care ABU DHABI may assist me with accommodation, pick up and other logistic arrangements. I understand and accept that the HTW Care ABU DHABI will not be liable for any deficiency of services by any third parties including but not limited to air travel, visa approval/extensions, immigration process, local transport, accommodation, food, and treatment in the hospital/treating doctor.
33. I understand that in the event of my unfortunate death, all costs in connection with the arrangements made in respect of my funeral or the transportation of my remains to my country of residence or any other arrangement in accordance with my final Will and Testament, shall be borne ONLY by my attendants or my nearest kith and kin.
IX. DISPUTE RESOLUTION:
34. I agree and understand that in case of any dispute or difference, of whatever nature, that may arise with respect to the treatment and procedure undergone/to be undergone by me at hospital/treating doctor. I accept that the same shall be governed by the laws of UAE and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the city where the hospital is situated.
35. I agree and understand that in case of any dispute or difference, of whatever nature, that may arise with respect to the services provided by HTW Care ABU DHABI, I accept that the same shall by governed by the laws of India and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts at Chennai, India.
X. FORCE MAJEURE:
36. I agree and understand that in the event that the services rendered by HTW Care ABU DHABI are interfered with or otherwise vitiated by an Act of God or any other force majeure events, HTW Care ABU DHABI will not be held liable.
XI. COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS:
37. I undertake to fully disclose all details on COVID-19 tests taken on my arrival to UAE in good faith and I agree to abide by the quarantine laws prevalent in UAE. I understand that, irrespective of me testing positive/negative on a COVID-19 test, I shall be required to place myself in quarantine for such specific number of days as prescribed by the UAE Government.
38. I undertake the responsibility to ascertain all the restrictive measures placed by the UAE Government in lieu of the COVID-19 pandemic before my arrival in UAE and I understand that HTW Care ABU DHABI or hospital/treating doctor has no obligation to inform me of the same.
39. If found in contravention of any of the COVID-19 restrictions by the UAE Government I understand that I, alone, shall bear the legal and penal consequences that follow and that HTW Care ABU DHABI is absolved of any and all liability in the matter.
I state that the contents of this letter have been read over and explained to me in the language understood by me, by a person fully conversant with both the languages. I fully understand and hereby agree to all of its conditions including the information provided above and the disclaimers made.
By proceeding further I agree that I have read through, understood and accepted aforementioned terms and conditions.